So Kate and I thought we’d kick off our little venture into the world of beauty blogging with a good old fashioned favorites post. Boys, turn back now. We thought we’d give you a little sneak peek into our makeup bags this month, showing off the latest and greatest drugstore, high end, and all around holy grail products.
1. Bobbi Brown BB Cream SPF 35 in Light – I was skeptical of BB cream, but this stuff made me BELIEVE. Color and SPF 35 sans the greasiness? I’m in.
2. Laura Geller Retractable Baked Kabuki Brush – Even, flawless coverage for foundation, powder, even blush. I use it in a stippling motion to blend everything seamlessly.
3. Beauty Blender Sponge – I think every girl gets redness and blemishes in strange, hard-to-reach areas. That’s why I love the tiny tip of this sponge to get around my nostrils, between my brows, and on problem areas. Then I just flip the sponge and use the big end to blend!
4. MAC Powder Blush in Honey Jasmine – Okay, I know it looks SUPER orange in the packaging, but trust me, it looks like a pretty, subdued coral on cheeks. I think it would look absolutely gorgeous on dark skin tones!
5. L’Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Iced Latte – This is officially a staple for me. From brow bones to inner corners, it really makes my eyes look lively and awake. It’s such a perfect shade that I sometimes even use it as a highlighter for my face!
6. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Diamond Dog – I can definitely see this being used in an avant-garde fashion shoot. It’s so glittery that it looks wet. I’m such a sucker for interesting textures!
7. Chanel Stylo Eyeshadow in Moon River – It doesn’t get cooler than this, seriously. It’s the most beautiful, neutral shade you can imagine, and when applied, it feels cold and wet. A perfect wake-me-up for sleepy mornings!
8. L’Oreal Infallible 24H Lacquer Liner in Blackest Black – This is another one I went on the hunt for. I have hooded eyes, so my liner ALWAYS transfers to my lids. Not this one. I don’t think I’ll ever use anything else to create my cat eyes again!
9. Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara in Blackest Black – This stuff actually made my lashes grow! I know I shouldn’t be so surprised that it does what it says, but a) it’s drugstore, and b) how many lash lengtheners really work?! I’m amazed.
10. Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm – A perfect, personalized kiss of color. It shows up bubblegum pink on me, a deep pink on my mom, and nearly translucent on Miranda.
11. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain Rebel Nudes in Violine Out Of Control – I adore a purple lip, but let’s face it, it’s a little much for a day in class or at work. This is a subtle, glossy purple, but can be layered for a bit more intensity.
12. Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate – It’s a little disgusting how many red lip colors I have, but I’ve been using this one a lot because of the precision I can get from the tiny pencil tip. Plus it’s nice and creamy!
1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 in Buff- I’d heard that this stuff was a dupe for the NARS Sheer Glow foundation so I thought hey, for ringing up at nearly twenty bucks less I’ll give it a shot. The result: Amazing coverage, dewy finish, light as air. Holy grail.
2. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Nude- I’ve always been a skin girl, lusting after the perfect slew of products to give me that fresh faced look. I’ve tried so many concealers and still I don’t have a favorite; I even gave the Bobbi Brown corrector a shot for under eye circles, but nothing’s worked as well as this. It’s a liquid concealer in a pen, but it has major staying power and hasn’t creased on me yet! Drugstore products forever!!
3. Benefit Bo-ing 02 and Eye Bright Compact Duo- I know we’re all victims of the sample sized product displays by the checkout counters in Sephora and Ulta. I saw this little guy and fell in love. The concealer definitely does the trick, but it’s the eye bright that I love! It’s the perfect pink shimmery inner corner/under eyebrow highlight. Dab a little bit on your outer corners too and you’ll have lovely bright eyes no matter how little you sleep!
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent- This one’s pretty straightforward; it’s basically the best setting powder ever. End of story.
5. NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny- This is my holy grail bronzer. I find that most of the cult classics like NARS’ Laguna just look too orange on me. This one delivers just the right amount of sun kissed glow for those days when you look a little more towards the corpse end of things.
6. Revlon Photo Ready Blush in Coral Reef- You know when you just buy something because it’s beautiful? That’s what happened here. Turns out, this is the only cream blush that I’ve ever been able to actually put on without looking like a doll. It’s super easy to apply and it lasts all day!
7. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit- I am all about a good cream based nude shadow (I have way too many). I bought this after seeing Esteé of Essie Button review it a while back. It’s amazing. One swipe over the lids in the morning and I’m good for the day. It contours itself, how easy is that?
8. NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Smokey Plum- I’m not usually an eyeliner wearer, but for about $2 you can’t go wrong. I use this to jazz up my eyes for special occasions and nights on the town. Lol, who am I kidding. I smudge it around when I want to look like I tried. Either way it works splendidly.
9. L’oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black- This is my holy grail mascara. I’ve tried all the fancy trend mascaras and this one always wins. It’s perfect for enhancing what you’ve got without looking too fake. It’s my favorite mascara, EVER.
10. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey- A full review of the Revlon Balm Stains is coming, but until then, all I can say is that they’re perfect. This color is amazing. It’s the perfect my lips but better shade and it’s super moisturizing.
11. Covergirl Perfection Lip Color in Hot Passion- This is my favorite red lipstick. It’s the perfect shade and I’m slowly trying to prove a theory that it looks good on everyone. I’ve already converted two people. Apparently it’s T-Swift’s favorite, and I don’t blame her. It stays put, and doesn’t dry your lips out like a lot of drugstore lipsticks do.
Hope you enjoyed our August Faves! Let us know if there are any posts you guys want to see, and stay tuned for more beauty musings!