It’s been a little while since I’ve shared some of the products I’ve been loving with you guys, and I thought I’d do it in blog post form rather than video.
- Rimmel Match Perfection Skin Tone Adapting Concealer: I really love this concealer. It’s creamy and a really good shade for my skin. My only qualms are that it’s a little difficult to dispense the product. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but I have to really squeeze to get anything out. I wish it were a little thinner in consistency, as the thickness makes it dry quickly (an issue when blending needs to happen), but overall I have been loving this for a little under-eye darkness cover as well as for blemishes. It’s also very wallet friendly, coming up at around $6.00.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This stuff is of legend. I got it in the Beauty Blogger Faves set for my birthday from Kate, and I’m loving it. I’ve always been an Urban Decay Primer Potion kind of girl, and I’ve been recently eyeing the NARS Smudge-Proof Eyeshadow Base, but this one is really great. I’ve been using it under my eyeshadow all week and it really does make your shadows stick. I haven’t had any issues with creasing with this one either!
- Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Pixi Pink: I absolutely love this! I am a big fan of no-fuss lipcolor (see my obsession with the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains), and this is no exception. This balm is really moisturizing and it supplies the perfect pink shade. It’s a great spring/summer color, and really great quality! It’s around $8.00 but it’s definitely worth the money.
- Smith’s Minted Rose Lip Balm: Another cult classic. I’ve seen this in Sephora and Bath and Body Works more times than I can remember and I decided to finally give it a go in my Esteé-induced rose obsession (see here if you don’t know what I’m talking about). I really like to use this lip balm before bed to really hydrate my lips during the night. I don’t like carrying around pot lip balm during the day because it feels germy to me to be sticking my fingers in it on buses and things, but it’s a good bedside staple. It’s a little sticky, and the smell threw me off a bit at first, but I have really grown to love it in the past few weeks.
- Nivea A Kiss of Milk and Honey Soothing Lip Care: I’m really on with the lip products this week, haha. I’ve always been a big fan of Nivea lip balms, and I thought I’d try this one out. So far I like it, but not as much as my Nivea A Kiss of Moisture. I’ve also been dying to get my hands on A Kiss of Mint and Minerals (has anyone tried this?). Super nice and affordable lip balm though, with a super yummy honey smell.
- Revlon Electric Chrome Amazing Spiderman 2 Collection Nail Polish in Super-Powered: Wow, that’s a mouthful. Revlon released this collection in combination with the new Amazing Spiderman film, and as a bit of a Spiderman fanatic, I had to check it out. I hauled this in our drugstore haul (watch here), and have only now gotten to use it. I absolutely love this color. If you follow me on Instagram (@mirandafen), you’ll have seen this photo, but I think this polish looks really great on the nails:
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop: If you know me at all, you’ll know that I am not a big lipgloss person. In fact, prior to this purchase, I did not own a single lipgloss. After hearing good reviews about these, and being in love with the sleek packaging, I splurged. I actually bought two shades, but this was definitely my favorite. It looks really great on its own as well as over a pink lipstick or balm stain, and I think it’s an all around good color for summer. The formulation is really great as well; not sticky at all, and the smell and taste are both good (not that you should try).
- NARS Duo Eyeshadow in Portobello: It took me SO LONG to finally buy this. I am a huge lover of NARS products, though I can never actually justify spending the money for them. I wanted to get one of their eyeshadow duos, and I couldn’t decide on which one I wanted, so I decided to go with a failsafe neutral matte choice. Good on me because I absolutely love it. It’s perfect for traveling and it has a mirror inside which is great. I love doing neutral matte eye looks and this palette is perfect for that. If you have light eyebrows this could also work well as a brow powder for you. Esteé of Essie Button did a great review of this duo here if you are thinking about splurging on this.
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Texture and Volume Spray: So, another reason why TJ Maxx is the best place ever to buy beauty and haircare is that you get fantastic discounts. This spray retails for $24.00 on Sephora’s website and I got it for a fantastic $9.99. This spray works really well on second day hair. I spray a little in my roots to provide a little lift, and it also smells pretty good. I love that slightly tousled British hair look, and this definitely does the trick. (On a side note, I’m looking for a new dry shampoo that actually works so if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!)
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: This stuff is the freakin’ bomb! I have been trying to find a good all over hand/body cream for a while now and this stuff is great. It’s super hydrating and great for hands and also cracked heels (TMI?). This cream isn’t greasy at all and it’s got a slightly medicinal smell but it’s definitely not off putting. Overall really great.
- Up&Up Sport Sunscreen Continuous Spray SPF-30: This is such a boring favorite but I love this sunscreen. It’s a really great spray and it stays on for a while. I get sunburnt really easily, and this stuff protects my skin like nobody’s business. It doesn’t feel greasy at all and it absorbs into the skin well!
- La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water: They actually sell both La Roche Posay and Vichy products at Walgreens now, so I thought I’d give this a go. It’s basically a spray toner that you can use in the am or pm to calm and soothe your skin. I’m not sure if this does anything but it sure feels great. It’s a nice mid-day hydration boost as well (I can imagine it would be great on long flights or car rides as well, I’ll be requesting a travel size option soon). It is a great spray to wake yourself up in the morning after you wash your face and before you put your makeup on.
I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about some of the products I’ve been loving lately! Let me know if you’ve tried any of these or if there are any products you’d like me to test out! (My Sephora basket is always ready to be filled).