Yep, there’s a tampon in this photo. That’s what kind of article this is going to be.
I used to not really get the idea of having makeup in your bag. That was before I got a 9 to 5 job that required commuting through trains and up and down streets and stairs. Life is so easy when you just hop in a car to drive to and from work- and your makeup actually remains on your face. When you’ve got a commute, it really helps to have some essentials in your bag that you can use to touch up a post-staircase face of makeup.
Here are my essentials. PS: The bag I have is from Topshop & I love it. It’s made of thick neoprene so it’s a good protector for breakable products, and it’s stylin’.
- Lip Options: I always keep a few lip options in my bag, including whatever I’m wearing that day. Currently on rotation are the L’Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Blake’s Pink (a super bright, orangey pink that’s sheer but buildable), Kat Von D Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (very matte, dark mauve), and the MAC Lipstick in Cosmo (not pictured but a perfect my lips but better shade for me).
- Lip Balm: I guess this counts as a lip option, but I always have a lip balm handy because my lips get super dry walking around the city. I love Carmex and Aquaphor but my recent obsession is the Glossier Coconut Balm Dotcom (smells like sugar cookies & coconut & has adorable packaging).
- Fragrance: I love carrying a rollerball around to freshen up throughout the day – some of my favorites are by NEST. This one is the Indigo fragrance but I also love Citrine. Indigo is suuuuuper sweet and sugary, while Citrine is a citrusy but also a little woody and dark.
- Powder for Touch-ups: I have recently been carrying around a translucent powder to do a bit of light blotting throughout the day. I’ve been using the Make Up For Ever HD Photofinish Pressed Powder (it has a mirror!) and this random brush from Crown Brush but I feel like I can do better. Hit me up with your powder recommendations.
- Lady Products: Ladies, I can’t tell you how important it is to keep tampons/pads/pantyliners in your bag. It will not only help you but it will one day help a random stranger in need. It’s just handy and the worst thing in the world is to realize you don’t have one.
What do you guys keep in your bags? Anything revolutionary?