As I begin my second beauty internship, I started thinking about why I love beauty. At the end of the day, it’s all just a bunch of pigments and powders, right? Not so much. To me, what makes beauty such a unique field is that there are seemingly infinite ways to easily tweak your look and transform your image. Just a few of my favorites:
1. Use a shimmery white shadow in the inner corners of your eyes to instantly look wide-awake and make your eyes pop.
2. Apply undereye concealer in an inverted triangle shape – rather than dotting it under the eyes – and blend. It’ll fully cover bags and dark circles much more effectively.
4. Don’t splurge on expensive eyebrow waxes and powders. A matte brown from your favorite eyeshadow palette can do double duty.
5. To create the perfect cat eye, create the flick by making it an extension of your lower lash line.
7. Hold your pencil liner in the flame of a lighter for five seconds before applying for a totally smudgeable texture.
10. Apply bronzer in a three shape on either side of your face to contour flawlessly. Start at the temple, curve into the cheekbone, and finish under the jaw.
Have you tried any of these before? What are some of your favorites?