Here’s the thing, ya’ll: sometimes a girl just wants to paint the bleeding head of an iconic French woman on their nail. This look is for anyone who feels that.
What you’ll need:
- White nail polish for your base. I didn’t have any, so I used a nail pen. Sue me. Mine is from Sally Hansen. You’ll also want a black one.
- Red nail polish for the bloooood. Mine is the NYC In a Minute Color in Rivington Red.
- Gold or Yellow polish for Marie’s hair. I used the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Golden-I.
- A darker than white polish for Marie’s skin. Mine is the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Bare Hug.
- A top coat. I’ve got NYC’s Long Wearing Top Coat.
Step 1: Paint your nails white.
Step 2: Locate your thumb, and put a lil’ circle face on it.
Sry about my gross cuticle (cue: “Nobody’s Perfect” by Hannah Montana).
Step 3: Add some hairs to your face.
It’s okay if Marie looks like the Bride of Frankenstein or a Vegas Elvis. It’s all a part of the process.
Step 4: Let this dry and add some bloody drips to your other fingers.
I advise a very professional method called: “put a big glob on the end and blow it until it moves.” Hi I have bratwurst fingers.
Step 5: Outline Marie’s head in black & add little eyes.
Also, add lots of blood and splatters. Mmmmm.
And there you have it: five steps to the angstiest manicure you’ve ever had.
Need another dark af mani in your life? Let me know.