Milan’s Fall 2013 RTW season summed up the best of Europe and the best of fashion. While New York was city-chic and London had a lot of dark attitude, Milan was artsy, provocative, and strong. And while I hate to put down New York and American fashion even in the slightest, Milan has undoubtedly been my favorite so far. Can Paris beat it? It’s gonna be tough, guys. See what I mean below!
1. DSquared² – Never has a show so flawlessly defined my taste. This look is classic, well-fitted and definitely retro. But it wouldn’t have even caught my eye without the cheetah beret – it takes a simple, timeless look to an edgy new destination.
2. Dolce & Gabbana – If anyone ever tells you that fashion isn’t art, show them this look. The model looks like a Byzantine queen, decked out in gold, jewels, mosaic portraiture, and even an enormous crown.
3. Moschino – There’s no other way to put it: this outfit is BADASS. It’s bad cop meets army officer meets pretty florals. And I LOVE a well-tailored, bright pant!
4. Blumarine – Okay, I feel like a lot of people probably weren’t knocked off their chairs by this look. I get it – the colors and fabrics are simple and not all that attention-grabbing. But who could resist that humongous bow?! It’s a gorgeous, professional look, nothing less, nothing more.
5. Bottega Veneta – God, a black look can speak volumes, can’t it? This frock would be all together too serious if it weren’t for the flirty neckline. Instead, paired with the models’ hair and makeup, it takes you to another era – and a very sophisticated one, at that.
6. Emilio Pucci – Where do I begin? I love that such a bold, gold pattern is tamed by the sheer dotted panel at the chest. I love that the shoes are a seamless hybrid of ballet flat and loafer. The only thing I don’t love about this look? The fact that I’d never be able to afford it! Oh, well. A girl can dream, right?
7. Versace – Donatella’s outdone herself this time. She utilized the red and black combo that seemed to be all over the Milan runways, but took it to an entirely sexy, dominatrix-esque level.
8. Gucci – Stop what you’re doing, and go find footage of the Gucci show. I swear it’s worth it. You’ve gotta see this skirt move!
9. Just Cavalli – If Katniss Everdeen decided to go to a red carpet event, this is what she’d wear. It’s powerful, reminiscent of a Greek warrior. And, again, black and red!
10. Alberta Ferretti – There’s not really much to this look besides the coat, but – hello – I’d kill for it. It’s bright and fun, and its shape is perfection on any woman’s body.