As sad as I am that Fashion Week (actually, Fashion MONTH) is over, Paris’s Fall 2013 RTW looks really ended things off with a bang. The Paris runways were as chic as New York, as mysterious as London, and as over-the-top as Milan. Drool over my top 10 below, and keep looking out for my posts – even though Fashion Week is over, style never stops!
1. Emanuel Ungaro – I love polka dots. I love pops of color. So, naturally, I’m just itching to go spend my entire college fund on this look. This is print-mixing at its finest, with two different dot sizes. And paired with that asymmetrical shape? I can’t get enough.
2. Lanvin – What’s girly and edgy and undeniably chic? Lanvin, of course. Oh, and don’t forget “cool”. Because, you know, it’s kind of splayed across the girl’s chest.
3. Akris – This geometric dress is like a sophisticated, sexy version of Tetris. Just enough skin is shown – all the right parts are left to the imagination.
4. Miu Miu – This is exhibit A of what a difference accessories can make. Yes, that LBD is flattering, but without the scarf and stockings and shoes? Yawn. And did I mention I’m obsessed with polka dots?
6. Balmain – A mash-up of the ’80s, leather, and a warrior sounds like a total train wreck, right? Nope. Balmain knows how to craft a look for the strongest of women, poor retro associations be damned.
7. Nina Ricci – Wow, what a silhouette! This look is so girly, complete with ruffles, pale pink, and a teensy, nipped-in waist. But the leather gloves and black skirt keep us from having flashbacks to childhood ballet classes, thank GOD.
8. Haider Ackermann – Who knew it was so easy to take an office-appropriate look and make it look so punk rock? Trade in your everyday pencil skirt for one in leather, and lose the prim, collared shirt. Oh, and this crazy hairstyle doesn’t hurt.
9. Saint Laurent – You heard it here first: the ’90s are back. Now, wipe that cringe off your face and embrace the plaid, the flattering high waists, and the combat boots. And don’t forget your Nirvana records!
10. Valentino – Florals on a black backdrop are just so… beautiful. To invest in a dress like this would mean you own something that will never go out of style. So, what are you waiting for?